Fiction favourites flaunt strong female leads in 2018 Blue Peter Book Awards shortlist
Wizards, warriors, wabbits, weird worlds, long forgotten leper colonies and creepy things that go bump in the night take the top spots in the 2018 Blue Peter Book Awards shortlisted titles, fighting for a chance to win one of two prestigious awards: Best Story and Best Book with Facts.
Competing for the title of Best Story are:
- The Island at the End of Everything by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Wed Wabbit by Lissa Evans
- The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell.
Each of the gripping fiction nominations have strong girl protagonists who must undertake dangerous journeys in their quest to triumph over evil. But who will end up end up triumphing in the Blue Peter Book Awards?
Meanwhile, battling to be crowned Best Book with Facts are:
- Corpse Talk: Ground-Breaking Scientists by Adam Murphy & Lisa Murphy
- Real-Life Mysteries by Susan Martineau, illustrated by Vicky Barker
- Beyond the Sky: You and the Universe by Dara Ó Briain, illustrated by Dan Bramall.
Managed by BookTrust, the UK’s largest children’s reading charity, the immensely popular Blue Peter Book Awards honour amazing authors, imaginative illustrators and the best books for children, published in the last 12 months. The winning titles, voted for by over 500 children from 12 schools across the UK, will be revealed live on Blue Peter on World Book Day on Thursday 1st March 2018, with the winning authors and illustrators appearing on the special awards episode of the show.