Hooray, the wait is over… we’re super-excited to announce our fantastic £1 books for 2018! From Paddington Bear to The Bolds, we’ve got all your favourite characters brought to you by a dazzling line-up of authors and illustrators. Which one will you be adding to your bookshelf with your £1 book token, courtesy of National Book Tokens?
The full line-up is below and you can find out more about the £1 World Book Day books, and the authors and illustrators here:
- Oi Goat! by Kes Gray and Jim Field (Hodder Children’s Books)
- Mr Men: My Book About Me By Mr Silly written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves, original concept by Roger Hargreaves (Egmont)
- The Baby Brother From Outer Space! by Pamela Butchart, illustrated by Thomas Flintham (Nosy Crow)
- Paddington Turns Detective and Other Funny Stories by Michael Bond, illustrated by Peggy Fortnum (HarperCollins)
- Nadiya’s Bake Me a Story by Nadiya Hussain, illustrated by Clair Rossiter (Hodder Children’s Books)
- Terry’s Dumb Dot Story: A Treehouse Tale by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton (Macmillan)
- The Girl Who Thought She Was a Dog by Clare Balding, illustrated by Tony Ross (Puffin)
- Brain Freeze by Tom Fletcher, illustrated by Shane Devries (Puffin)
- The Bolds’ Great Adventure by Julian Clary, illustrated by David Roberts (Andersen Press)
- Marvel’s The Avengers: The Greatest Heroes by Alastair Dougall (DK)
- Rugby Roar by Gerard Siggins (O’Brien Press) – Ireland only
Registration is NOW OPEN for World Book Day 2018 so visit our registration page for more details. We look forward to having you on board for the world’s biggest celebration of reading for pleasure on Thursday 1 March 2018. It’ll be here before you know it!
SHARE A STORY: Join our campaign to get the nation sharing stories from breakfast to bedtime
Fantastic plans are afoot for our 21st year as we aim to make World Book Day 2018 even bigger and better. We’re going to be encouraging everyone to ‘Share a Story’ on World Book Day whether that’s with your parents, your siblings, your colleagues, your friends or even your cat!
We want to mobilse the nation to ‘TAKE 10’ and recognise the positive impact that reading together for only 10 minutes a day can have on a child’s outcome. We also want to reignite a love of shared reading and the sense of wellbeing that it brings.
Why not help kick-off our ‘Share a Story’ campaign today by joining in our fun game on Twitter called #ShareAStoryIn10?
We will also be launching an exciting new movement encouraging young people to spread the word about their favourite stories and make a noise about the books they love. More details to follow so watch this space…
Find out all about Jim in our ‘Meet the Ilustrator’ spotlight and how he came up with the brilliant new design for 2018. We hope you like it as much as we do.
Sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page for more updates about World Book Day 2018 including details of this year’s WoBoD Award. We have a brand new creative challenge for you with thousands of pounds worth of books to be won. We will also be sharing information about The Biggest Book Show on Earth that will be touring the UK with six events and an incredible 35 top authors and illustrators. It’s going to be an exciting year!