Get ready to celebrate booksellers nationwide!
This Saturday 5thOctober is Bookshop Day, the perfect excuse to head to your local bookshop, have a lovely browse, meet some like-minded people and maybe even treat yourself to a new read.
Every year over a thousand bookshops around the country take part in Bookshop Day by holding special events, creating bespoke window displays and more. The day also comprises the Books Are My Bag Readers Awards – the only awards curated by bookshops and voted for by booklovers.
Find out more at https://booksaremybag.com or by following @booksaremybag on Twitter. You can also get involved by using the hashtag #bookshopday on social media.
This is a fabulous way to support bookshops nationwide and to show your love for your local bookseller. To find your local bookshop, visit https://booksellers.org.uk/bookshopsearch
Why Buy Books in Your Local Bookshop?
- You love books
- You may be about to make a purchase you’ll value for the rest of your life
- You’ll be shopping on your local high street
- You’ll be helping create local jobs
- You might just find a book you never knew existed
- You’ll find great gifts for friends and family
- You can talk to real people about books they know and love
- You’ll be part of your local book-loving community