In the book Danger at Dead Man’s Pass, Hal and Leonard pack a train picnic. It might be fun to think about what foods would be good to eat on a train and serve them at your Book Club!
Our top snack tips are:
- If you’re going on a long journey you want things you can eat a little bit of as you go along – why not try chopping different toppings for crackers or fillings for wraps to keep things interesting.
- You don’t want things that make too many crumbs and are as versatile as possible – fruit cake or tea loaf is great – you can even top a slice with apple or cheese
- Food that comes contained in its own wrapping is perfect – bananas, samosas, cornish pasties or pierogies
- Try a snack that has lots of tastes and textures to keep you interested on your journey -why not have a go at making some trail mix
- A flask is a great way to make sure you have something warm for your whole journey– soup, porridge hot chocolate or tea all make great flask fillers
- Pack or wrap your food in reusable boxes or material – you can refill them for your journey back!