You, your children and your school could win HUNDREDS of pounds worth of books with our fantastic National Book Tokens DESIGN A BOOK TOKEN competition.
One lucky winner’s design will be made into a real life National Book Tokens gift card and distributed across bookshops nationwide in time for Christmas! And there are National Book Tokens galore to be won too – just imagine all those beautiful new books for your school’s bookshelves . . .
To take part, your pupils simply have to make their mark on the template and design a brand new National Book Tokens gift card. A panel of judges will select a winner and runner-up in each of three age categories: up to 8 years, 9-12 years and 13-16 years.
FIRST PRIZE in each age range wins:
· £250/€280 National Book Tokens for the school
· £100/€110 National Book Tokens for the pupil
· £100/€110 National Book Tokens for the teacher*
SECOND PRIZE in each age range wins:
· £150/€170 National Book Tokens for the school
· £50 /€60 National Book Tokens for the pupil
· £50 /€60 National Book Tokens for the teacher*
(*If the entry is submitted by a teacher)
All entries should be produced on A4 paper using the template. Please ensure you provide the child’s name and age, and your contact details, on the second page of the form.
Please send entries to:
World Book Day Design a National Book Token Competition,
Book Tokens Ltd.,
6 Bell Yard,
London WC2A 2JR
As well as teachers, the competition is open to home-schooled children and, if you’re a parent or guardian, you’re welcome to submit your child’s entry individually. Take a look at our Terms and Conditions to find out more.
The closing date for entries Friday 2 April 2021. Winners will be announced in May 2021.
TIPS FOR CREATING YOUR DESIGN
· Imagine your design is in a bookshop with lots of others – what will make it stand out?
· How can you make your design really booky?
· How many different ways can you interpret the words ‘books’, ‘reading’ or ‘story’?
· What sort of design would you like if you received a National Book Token to choose new books with?
· Remember not to confuse it with your £1/€1.50 World Book Day book token!
On your bookmarks, get set, draw!
Winners and Runners-Up 2020
Overall Winner 2020
Jameah Girls Academy, Leicester
Samia’s design will be made into a real National Book Tokens gift card, available in bookshops all around the UK and Ireland in time for Christmas!
Winner: Nathan, 8, Broughton Junior School, Buckinghamshire
Runner-up: Serena, 7, Oakgrove Primary and Nursery School, Milton Keynes
Winner: Samia, 10, Jameah Girls Academy, Leicester
Runner-up: Poppy, 11, Fairlands Middle School, Somerset
Runner-up: Iona, 12, Newstead Wood School, Kent
Winner: Ammee, 17, Newstead Wood School, Kent
Runner-up: Napatsorn, 14, University of Birmingham School, Birmingham
National Book Tokens have been inspiring booklovers since 1932. We work with our charity partners at World Book Day, Book Aid International and Read for Good – and through the thousands of people who give National Book Tokens as gifts and rewards to children and young adults each year – to encourage a lifelong love of reading among children everywhere.
Accepted in thousands of bookshops across the UK and Ireland, and online with bookshops big and small, National Book Tokens are the perfect way to reward and inspire. Find out more.