This year National Poetry Day is taking place on 28 September and it’s a great chance for everyone to celebrate and share poetry. Enter this special competition and you could win a set of these wonderful new poetry books recommended for children and young people just in time for National Poetry Day:
- Jelly Boots, Smelly Boots by Michael Rosen, illustrated by David Tazzyman fizzes with fun and is shortlisted for the CLiPPA poetry award;
- It’s Not My Fault is a magical mix from two more favourite poets, Roger Stevens and Steven Withrow;
- The World’s Greatest Space Cadet by James Carter is a treat from first page to last;
- Joshua Seigal is a rising star in the children’s poetry world and his new collection Little Lemur Laughing will be a real crowd-pleaser;
- Award-winning poet Joseph Coelho’s astonishing new collection Overheard in a Tower Block is a powerful and moving narrative about growing up in the city;
- Reaching the Stars is a wonderful and feisty collection of brand-new poems celebrating the achievements of women and girls throughout history;
- The Noisy Classroom, Ieva Flamingo’s poems capture the emotional highs and lows of childhood with a sharp, surreal eye and a touching sympathy and;
- A Poem for Every Day of the Year is the new must-have anthology compiled by Allie Esiri.
To enter this fantastic competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject World Book Day NPD competition. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 28th September 2017.
You’ll also receive a pack of posters created for National Poetry Day by poet and artist Sophie Herxheimer. Visit the National Poetry Day website for more inspiration including free downloadable resources.