WORLD BOOK DAY LIVE 2022 - digital events programme
BBC Teach Live Lesson 11.00 3 March.
WORLD BOOK DAY LIVE - digital events for 2022
We had a fantastic line-up of digital events to celebrate our 25th birthday. Thank you so much to everyone who tuned in to watch. If you missed the events, then don’t worry, you can still watch these on demand by clicking the event tiles below!
Our events and a host of other videos are available on our YouTube channel.
BBC Teach Live Lesson
Live on CBBC and on BBC Teach from 11.00am on Thurs 3 March, presented by Ben Shires.
Enjoy a curriculum linked live interactive programme to support reading for pleasure, in partnership with BBC Teach.
Illustrator Dapo Adeola will be creating artwork and sharing his tips on illustration and award-winning author Frank Cottrell-Boyce will be answering your questions live in the studio. Parents/teachers: send your children’s questions to [email protected].
A recording of the lesson, developed in partnership with us, and its accompanying Twinkl resources, will be available on the BBC Teach website.
World Book Day Event Logistics, Timings and Suitability:
- Our events will be available through our YouTube channel, as well as on our website.
- No registration is needed.
- The events will be recorded and will be available to watch on demand after they have taken place.
- You might want to provide your children with a pencil and paper for making notes but there are no formal activities as part of the sessions -they are celebratory opportunities to get to know our £1 authors and the ways they work.
- If you are looking for a more structured activity around a particular author please explore our Author and Illustrator Academy resources.
- World Book Day Live with Matilda and Friends is suitable for Emerging – Independent Readers (approx 6+) and will last for approximately 1 hour.
- Reality check: Books as a portal into life today is suitable for Fluent – Independent Readers (approx 8+) and will last for approximately 40 minutes
- Using your imagination: Books as a way to imagine the impossible: is suitable for Emerging to Fluent readers (approx 6-11) and will last approximately 45 minutes.
World Book Day® is a charity sponsored by National Book Tokens.