- What personal information we collect and how we use it
- Who we share this information with
- How we use your data in marketing materials
- How we store your information
- Where to direct your questions and concerns about this policy
- What will happen if we make changes to this page
How we use your information:
We use your information in a number of different ways. Below you will be able to see exactly how we use the information we collect:
How we use your contact details and why
We use your responses to competitions and promotions to:
- Help us fulfill competitions – We need to use this information in order to contact you if you have won a World Book Day competition/promotion or ensure that your prize reaches you safely and securely. If we don’t know who you are, we aren’t able to provide you with the prize and complete the contract with you.
- Send you information via email – We only do this with your permission to help keep you up-to-date on World Book Day news, events and competitions.
If you choose not to consent to giving us any of the information above, you may be unable to enter any World Book Day competitions or promotions.
Sharing your information
We do not sell any of your personal data to any third party. We do, however, have to share your data with some other companies in order to ensure we give you the best possible service:
- Publishers/third party companies who we run competitions and promotions in association with/on behalf of, but only if you have won something, in order for them to be able to deliver your prize
- Marketing agencies and service providers such as MailChimp, who assist us in delivering our marketing strategy.
If you have given us permission, we’ll send you marketing by email to keep you up-to-date with the goings-on at World Book Day.
To stop receiving marketing from World Book Day:
- Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do either of the above we will update your preferences so that you do not receive any further marketing from us.
Storing your information
We will only hold on to your information for as long as is needed to provide you with our service. If necessary, we will hold onto your information after a competition or promotion has ended in order to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve cases of fraud or abuse or enforce our terms and conditions.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we may have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to our policy