World Book Day book tokens will be valid from Thursday 17 February – Sunday 27 March 2022. Please contact your local bookseller to check if they are able to offer £1 off other titles (or €1.50 in Ireland).
World Book Day will be distributing more than 30 million £1/€1.50 World Book Day book tokens to children and young people in 2022.
The World Book Day £1/€1.50 books are a gift from booksellers, who fully fund the cost of the £1 book token redemptions.
Children and young people can take the £1/€1.50 book token to a local participating bookshop or retailer to swap it for one of the brilliant £1/€1.50 World Book Day books for FREE.
Or the token can be used to get £1/€1.50 off any full price book (€1.50 in Ireland) or audiobook costing at least £2.99 (or €3.99 in Ireland).
Find your local participating bookseller here.
The World Book Day books are also available in other formats. For braille and audio contact RNIB (Tel: 0303 123 999). For large print contact Guide Dogs (Tel: 0118 9838275).
Terms and Conditions
- World Book Day £1/€1.50 book tokens can ONLY be used in participating bookshops
- ONE TOKEN can be used PER TRANSACTION.
- The World Book Day £1/€1.50 book token cannot be exchanged for cash or any other merchandise, nor used for school purchases or the settlement of school accounts.
- The World Book Day £1/€1.50 book token cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, or for the purchase of standard book tokens, and is not exchangeable for cash (although it has a value of £0.01).
- Token for use of under-18s only.
- Offer valid 17th February – 27th March 2022 inclusive.
- The offer only applies to titles in stock.
- The World Book Day £1/€1.50 book token cannot be photocopied. World Book Day shall not be liable in any way to any recipient of the World Book Day book tokens or any other party for any representation, implied warranty, condition or other term causing any loss, damage or costs whatsoever.
- The World Book Day book token cannot be used for the purchase of any charity books where all the proceeds of sale are returned to the charity concerned.
- World Book Day Ltd is a registered charity number 1079257, funded by publishers and booksellers in the UK & Ireland.
World Book Day® is a registered charity sponsored by National Book Tokens.