Terms and Conditions
HOW TO USE YOUR WORLD BOOK DAY BOOK TOKEN
Thanks to National Book Tokens and lots of lovely book publishers and booksellers, World Book Day, in partnership with schools all over the country, will be distributing more than 15 million £1 World Book Day book tokens to children and young people (that’s almost one for every child/young person under 18 in the UK and Ireland).
When you get your book token, all you need to do is to take it to your local bookseller (there are lots of them out there – find your local participating bookshop here – and swap it for one of the FIFTEEN exclusive, new and completely FREE World Book Day books (including ONE additional book in Ireland and TWO in Wales.
Or, if you’d prefer, you can use your book token to get £1 off any full price book instead. (If you’re in Ireland it’s €1.50 off). And if you’d rather get an audiobook, that’s fine too! It’s your choice, just as long as the book or audiobook costs at least £2.99 (or €3.99 in Ireland).
Then all YOU have to do is take your book home and enjoy it.
The World Book Day books are also available in other formats. For braille and audio contact RNIB (Tel: 0303 123 999). For large print contact Guide Dogs (Tel: 0118 9838275).
The World Book Day book tokens are valid from Thursday 27 February – Sunday 29 March 2020.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
DISTRIBUTING YOUR WORLD BOOK DAY BOOK TOKENS
- Please help by distributing the World Book Day book tokens promptly in your school or nursery on or around World Book Day and explaining to pupils what they are and encouraging them to use them. You can find a full list of the free World Book Day books here.
- ONE World Book Day book token should be given to each pupil.
- The redemption period of the World Book Day book token is: 27 February–29 March 2020 (inclusive).
- The World Book Day book token is also redeemable against any book or audiobook worth £2.99 (€3.99) or more in all bookshops participating in the campaign.
HOW TO REDEEM YOUR WORLD BOOK DAY BOOK TOKEN
- Participating bookshops and supermarkets will display World Book Day posters and notices in their windows and instore.
- Contact your local bookshop in advance to find out if it is possible to arrange a session when pupils can spend their book tokens.
- Many bookshops also help with events and bookselling around World Book Day.
- The book tokens can ONLY be used in participating bookshops and only ONE TOKEN can be used PER TRANSACTION.
- Please do not attempt to exchange large numbers of World Book Day £1 book tokens for quantities of the special World Book Day books at your local bookshop. Bookshop stock may be limited and will need to be available, for as long as stocks last, to all children and young people in your area visiting the shop during the redemption period.
- Do bear the possibility of limited stock in mind when making arrangements for your pupils to celebrate World Book Day as any misunderstanding can lead to disappointment.
- To ensure that you have adequate supplies for all the pupils in your school – up to age 18 (where secondary schools have registered to participate) and including nursery classes – you are likely to receive more World Book Day book tokens than you will need. We would ask you to destroy the spare World Book Day book tokens once you have distributed one to each pupil.
- The World Book Day book token cannot be exchanged for cash or any other merchandise, nor used for school purchases or the settlement of school accounts.
- Please do not collect batches of tokens to pay for the full price of books in bookshops. Only ONE World Book Day book token can be used per transaction.
- The offer only applies to titles in stock.
- The World Book Day book token cannot be photocopied.
Thousands of bookshops and supermarkets across the UK and Ireland help to make World Book Day what it is – the biggest celebration of books and reading for pleasure in the world – and the book tokens are a free gift from booksellers.
You can see a list of all participating stores and find the one closest to you, so that you can redeem your book token.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE BOOK TOKENS
- The World Book Day book token can only be redeemed at participating bookshops supporting this special promotion. Please check that the shop accepts the World Book Day book token before you embark on a journey or elect to make a specific purchase in the shop. Contact your bookseller if you have difficulties in making a visit. In exceptional circumstances, it may be possible for books to be supplied by post if orders are sent during the redemption period, but a delivery charge may be imposed.
- The World Book Day book token cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, or for the purchase of standard book tokens, and is not exchangeable for cash (although it has a value of £0.01).
- World Book Day shall not be liable in any way to any recipient of the World Book Day book tokens or any other party for any representation, implied warranty, condition or other term causing any loss, damage or costs whatsoever.
- World Book Day is co-ordinated by World Book Day Ltd. Registered charity number 1079257.
- The World Book Day book token cannot be used for the purchase of any charity books where all the proceeds of sale are returned to the charity concerned.
- World Book Day is a charity funded by publishers and booksellers in the UK & Ireland.