It’s coming up to that time of year when we celebrate all that we love about bookshops and the important role they play in communities across the UK and Ireland. Bookshop Day is part of the annual Books Are My Bag Campaign, a nationwide collaboration between publishers, bookshops and authors to celebrate high street bookshops and the joy they bring readers of all ages.
Here are some great reasons why you should visit your local bookshop on #BookshopDay 2018:
- You love books
- You may end up purchasing a book there that you’ll value for the rest of your life
- You’ll be shopping on your local high street
- You’ll be helping create local jobs
- You might just find a book you never knew existed
- You’ll find great gifts for friends and family
- You can talk to real people about books they know and love
- You’ll be part of your local book-loving community
Happy Bookshop Day 2018!