Maddy Yip Snacks
In August’s Book Club title Maddy Yip’s Guide to Life, Maddy’s mum tries to win her children over with healthy versions of their favourite treats. Since Maddy’s Victoria Sponge didn’t quite go as planned, we thought this No Cook Fruit Cake might be just the thing. It’s easy to make and would definitely get her mum’s seal of approval.
No Cook Fruit Cake
A delicious celebratory cake with no need for an oven. Perfect for the summer – and it’s good for you!
You will need:
- Large fruit to create the base of the cake – we’ve used watermelon and pineapple
- Fruit to decorate – smaller fruit such as blueberries or strawberries. Alternatively you could use cookie cutters to create smaller decorative pieces out of the larger fruit you’ve used
- If you want the cake to be a little bit less healthy, you could also include sweets or Maddy’s favourite large marshmallows as a decoration
- A knife
- A chopping board
- Cookie cutters (optional)
- Cocktail sticks (optional)
- A plate/board to display it on
|Gather your ingredients and have a think about how you want the final cake to look before you start chopping.|
|Prepare the large fruit using the knife (ask an adult to help you). We sliced rings of pineapple and watermelon, then cut the skin off each ring.|
|Prepare your decorations by slicing the smaller fruit or using cookie cutters to create shapes from the large fruit.|
Stack up the large fruit to form the shape of your cake and decorate with smaller fruit or cut-out decorations. You can use cocktail sticks to keep things in place – make sure you take care and remove them before you eat the cake.
Slice and enjoy.